Thu, Jul 01|
Pūlama Nā Liko
Kokedama combines nature and art in a living organic plant sculpture, suspended in its own ball of soil, wrapped in moss, and held together with string. Kokedama are beautiful compositions made with ferns, flowering plants, bamboo or succulents.
Time & Location
Jul 01, 2021, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Pūlama Nā Liko, 64-1013 Mamalahoa Hwy, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
About The Event
Large kokedama (4-6 inches) $45; for ages 15+
Small kokedama (2-3 inches) $25; for ages 8+
Thursdays 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Kokedama combines nature and art in a living organic plant sculpture, suspended in its own ball of soil, wrapped in moss, and held together with string. Kokedama are beautiful compositions made with ferns, flowering plants, bamboo or succulents. These small moss balls are an old tradition in Japanese gardening, and are somewhat related to the accent plants often shown alongside a Bonsai, as well as to Ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement).
- The workshop will be held at our learning center in Waimea.
- Ticket holders must present their tickets on entry. PRINT or SCREENSHOT a copy of the event ticket and show upon arrival to the hālau.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Out of courtesy for our instructors please let us know within 24 HOURS of your scheduled workshop time at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund. Cancellations within 24 hours are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- COVID-19 POLICY: Face masks are REQUIRED upon arrival at the hālau and are to be worn throughout your workshop. If you are not feeling well, recently traveled, and/or suspect you may have been in contact with someone who is sick or has coronavirus, please DO NOT attend . You are welcome to register for another workshop (if spots are available).
- WORKSHOP CANCELATION DISCLAIMER: Workshop may be cancelled if minimum participant registration is not met. Those who that have registered will be notified at least 24 hours prior to the workshop and will receive a full refund.